samedi 28 février 2015

writing a system service / process in delphi

[TL/DR] need help creating system services/processes. Ive done a few tutorials but am stuck. any solution to the larger problem is appreciated if you want to read it.


I have been tasked with writing a program that will allow patrons to log into public terminals at a Public Library. My code for that project accesses a SIP media server that is the back end of our Polaris/Innovative software and I have done everything I can think of to make the software difficult to back out of. The idea behind the software is to check their name/cards against their records, if valid/uptodate they are allowed to log in. If not they get a message telling what they need to do at the front desk.


Problem is apparently people have figured a way around it by ctrl-alt-del then hitting logoff and then cancelling the logoff then kills my program. This leaves the PC slightly unstable but we are not able to get a log entry that proves we had a patron there for our stats.


My solution is to create a program and I would like to make it a system process, that will monitor the existence of my program and, failing to find it, immediately launches it.


I can write a regular program that does just this (I am searching for cmd.exe in my test beds). I have gone to http://ift.tt/1vM6LIK and http://ift.tt/1hxfshK for help and have something that will install and once activated will search for cmd.exe, if does not find it, it will start one. problem is, it NEVER finds one and I have a dozen cmd windows opening in 4-5 seconds.


Any help is appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire