vendredi 27 février 2015

MySQL binary log location Windows 2008 Server

I'm running a Windows 2008 Server with IIS, PHP and MySQL. MySQL is installed as a service. There's software on the server that uses a database that I need good backups of, including transaction logging. I've turned on Binary Logging via setting log-bin= and expire_logs_days= in the my.ini file. This saves those logs in the MySQL data folder on that drive. If I lose the drive, I lose my logs and they've done me no good as a backup.


I've found all kinds of advice for relocating these logs on a Linux box, but trying to use the same idea of including a path in the log-bin statement is not working. I've tried "flipping" the slashes, adding quotes and the common other attempts when "translating" Linux to Windows.


I created a mapped drive to the external location to make this easier, and I've tried using \server\folder path statements as well as z:\ path statements.


Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire