samedi 28 février 2015

Changing Windows account as Administrator has side effects, how to roll back? (enterprise/domain)

I recently got a new job in a big company. They gave me a computer, configured to work on the company domain. (Windows 7)


I had two accounts, the computer account as Administrator (local account) and the domain account as User with privilège linked to the domain and shared resources, I had to use the domain account to work and enter the password of the computer and the local account when needing Admin permissions, such as installing software.


I didn't like it, mostly because I had to enter that Admin account way too often because I was installing many software (the computer had only basic softwares on it) and I had to install a lot of them and on many of them I had to enter that password even twice, once for the setup.exe to run and another time for the firewall...


I felt like wasting my time so I decided to change my domain account as Administrator, through the local Administrator account, it worked fine and I didn't have then to enter the Admin password when I installed new software.


That's what I believed for a few days, but it's actually not working quite well. It's like I am Admin and I am not, I cannot configure the firewall or add exceptions anymore (it basically doesn't allow me to do so), when I try to install stuff like Node.js, even running the program as Admin, it doesn't work.


At start, I had back then 2 accounts visibles on the Windows User panel, but since I made that change I only see the domain user, not the local user there, though I still can log in in both accounts. So I don't know how to roll back to the initial state because I'm afraid that if I set the domain account as User with privilege instead of Administrator I'll loose all my Admin access rights.


I could ask to the IT support, but since I've done something I shouldn't have done in the first place I'd like to find a solution on my own first. I didn't know that change would have these kind of side effects, do you know how to fix that?


Thanks.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire