samedi 28 février 2015

Android Connection Physical Device as ADB Device, not Portable Device

I have a Nexus 7 tablet I want to use for debugging an Android app I'm developing. I'm doing the development and testing on a remote server using RDP and sharing my ports, including the USB that the tablet is connected to. Per the instructions in this article, I have USB debugging enabled, and it is operating over the Camera (PTP) protocol.


So everything seems well set up from that side, but despite all efforts, I cannot get Windows (on the remote server) to recognize this as anything but a Portable Device. For debugging purposes, it needs to be registered as an ADB Composite Device. The aforementioned article says to overcome this, I need to update the driver software. I have the Google USB drivers installed, but when I attempt to use the Device Manager to update the driver software to the Google USB driver, Windows simply tells me "The best driver software for your device is already installed. Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. Digital Still Camera." I've also tried editing the android_winusb.inf file with a listing of the tablet's hardware ID as a Composite Android Device, but to no avail. How can I tell Windows that I'm using an Android device, not a Portable Device? How can I tell it to use the proper drivers when it continues to override me?


Thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire