samedi 28 février 2015

Boot on VHD : how to hide the physical drive?

I have Win 8.1 x64. I used VMWare to create a VM, where I installed and set up the same OS. Then I converted the .vmdk file into a VHD file, using WinImage.


Then, still on my "physical" machine, I added this new VHD to my HD list and created a multi-boot menu. My laptop can either boot on the Win 8.1 installed on the physical drive, or on the one in the VHD. Everything works.


However, for safety reasons, I'd like the users to launch only the OS located in the VHD. But my problem is that when this OS is launched, in the "my computer" menu, both of the disks still can be seen: the VHD, which the only one I would like to be seen, and also the physical drive.


Is there a way to hide the latter ?


When I boot on my "main" system, my VHD is not displayed in the disk management screen any more. Doesn't seem very logical to me


Thanks


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire