vendredi 27 février 2015

Windows Server 2012 - 5 User CALs

I bought Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition and a pack of 5 User CALs. I've been struggling around to add this CALs to windows.


My issue is that I can only log in two users with Remote Desktop. Keep in mind that I only want to logged them in locally. I don't want them to log in externally. More than two users, doesn't allow me, it says one of the users which is logged in must disconnect.


Since I've got no where, I had a phone call with an assistant from Microsoft who swear to me that the User CALs should be installed when Windows Server 2012 is installed, and that a field would request me the "TRACKING ID" that is on the paper of the 5 User CALs.


So, I started a new fresh installation to check if there's any field requesting me the User CALs.


The problem is that I've been reading in forums such as http://ift.tt/1BnRRt2


And all people say, I quote, is:


Quote 1:



With Windows, there is no software to install in order to add CALs. You buy the CALs required, you get a piece of paper that indicates you've purchased the required number of CALs and that's it.



Quote 2:



I'm not sure I like what you seem to be implying here. Whether or not you tell your customers this, it is a fact. When you buy CALs from Microsoft, there is no software or anything else to install, period, full stop.



I haven't done installed the windows (is currently installing..I've pass the step where it asks me for the Serial Number), but I fear it won't request me any CALs, nor I would be able to have more than two users logged in in Remote Desktop.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire