samedi 28 février 2015

Installing Python 3.4 after Un installing Python 2.5 in Windows

I am trying to install Python 3.4 on Windows 8 after un-installing Python 2.5.


I installed Python 3.4.1 - x86 msi package and during that process it never gave a prompt of Remove/Repair/Change Python that usually pops up if there is previous version already installed.


I used x86 version as I wanted to use NumPy too and it supports this only.


I chose "install for all users" option but in my Registry -HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-> SOFTWARE->Python-> PythonCore it is showing Python2.5 not 3.4.1


Though Control Panel lists only Python 3.4.1 as active program.


Also due to this I am facing problems in installing NumPy as it shows error of "can't create key" during installation.


Also after searching for possible problems in stackoverflow site itself I tried below commands in cmd prompt.



C:\>assoc .py


.py=Python.File



C:\>ftype Python.File
Python.File="C:\WINDOWS\py.exe" "%1" %*

C:\>assoc .pyw


.pyw=Python.NoConFile



C:\>ftype Python.NoConFile
Python.NoConFile="C:\WINDOWS\pyw.exe" "%1" %*


Please tell how to solve this.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire