lundi 23 mars 2015

Command line programs have stopped working

When I run Ruby, Python, Git, Ansicon (console colors for Windows), and Uru (Ruby version manager for Windows) I get the error:



[program name] has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.




  • All the programs ran fine not long ago; Ruby, Uru, and Ansicon all ran last week (I don't use Python much, and I mostly use Git Bash).

  • If I double click Python or Ruby in Explorer they both open fine. If I type the complete path to Ruby it works fine, but that doesn't work for Python. Git Bash works fine, but only when the Desktop shortcut is clicked.

  • Other command line program work fine. Command line programs installed in Program Files folder (Node, Erlang) seem to work fine, programs in Program Files (x86) folder (Git) don't work.

  • Some programs installed in a folder called Apps while others don't.

  • Some programs in the root folder work and others don't.


I am on Windows 8 (not 8.1) 64 bit.


This is a lot of information. Thanks for your help.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire