lundi 30 mars 2015

Issues with parallel Julia code on windows cluster

I'm setting up a small windows cluster for parallel speedup of my Julia code (2x32 cores).


I have following questions:



  1. Is there a way to suppress loading of a module (e.g. "using PyPlot") on the remote machines? In my code, I use my workstation for initialization and data presentation, whereas the cluster is used for heavy calculation without any need for PyPlot, Dataframes etc.


  2. This code loading on the remote machines is even more annoying as the PyPlot (and any other package) fails to populate help database by giving following error message: (actually a lot of errors from every worker)



    exception on : 1: 1ERROR: opening file C:\Users\phlavenk\AppData\Local\Julia-0.3.6\bin/../share/julia\helpdb.jl: No such file or directory



Running on Julia 3.6/ x64 / Windows7, identical directory structure and versions everywhere.


My addprocs command is following:



addprocs(machines,
sshflags=`-i c:\\cygwin64\\home\\phlavenk\\.ssh\\id_rsa`,
dir=`/cygdrive/c/Users/phlavenk/AppData/Local/Julia-0.3.6/bin`,
tunnel=true)


Thank you very much for your advice


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire